Most of our closings take place within an hour’s time—sometimes even less. Each closing is scheduled for an hour to allow plenty of time to carefully go through each document and answer any questions that might be brought to the table.
If you are unable to attend the closing, sometimes a Power of Attorney can be used in your absence. Please contact Meyer Closings, LLC to acquire the forms that must be filled out and notarized in order to grant Power of Attorney. Additional fees may apply and lenders vary on whether they allow Power of Attorney at closing. Please call our office to inquire.
What do I need to provide Meyer Closings, LLC with before my closing?
- Payoff receipts for any loans or liens on the property.
- Name and social security number for each property owner.
- Information on your homeowners’ or condo association, if applicable.
- Copy of termite letter dated within 30 days of the closing date.
- List of repairs that will be paid for at closing along with receipts and/or invoices.
What do I need to bring to my closing?
- A valid driver’s license, passport or state-issued photo ID.
- Good funds for amount of money needed to close.
- Keys to the home, garage door opener and any other items for the buyer.
- All documents requested by Meyer Closings, LLC, such as home warranty documents, homeowners’ association information, etc.
Forwarding address and contact information to give to the buyer.
How do I wire my funds to your office?
Click here to download a PDF
What documents will be signed at the closing?
- Hud-1 Settlement Statement – This document includes the agreed upon purchase price, real estate commission (if applicable), all agreed upon closing costs, proration property taxes, etc.
- Warranty Deed – This document transfers the title of the property to the new owner(s).
- Truth-In-Lending Disclosure
- Promissory Note
- Security Deed and Riders
- Waiver of Borrower’s Rights
- Survey and/or Termite Waivers
- Escrow Account Statement
- Occupancy/Employment Affidavits
- Flood Insurance Certificate
- Borrower’s Certification and Authorization
- First Payment and/or Coupon Letter
- Seller’s Affidavit of Residence
- Seller’s Certificate of Exemption
- Owner’s Affidavit
Print this page
© Copyright 2015 Meyer Closings, LLC.